Our next meeting is on May 18th. Brian Dwyer, General Manager of Carrier Corporation will be discussing the “Evolution of Compressor Technology and the impact of variable speed screw compression on water and air cooled chillers.” More information can be found at the Next Meeting page.
2nd Annual ASHRAE Central Florida Chapter – YEA Conference Series
High Performance Building Design Strategy Conference
Date: June 8, 2016
!!! Please RSVP BY: Friday, June 03, 2016 !!!
University of Central Florida, Student Union – Pegasus Ballroom
Dear USGBC Central Florida Region Friend and CFEEA Member –
The USGBC Florida Chapter is helping to support the City of Orlando’s Building Energy and Water Efficiency Strategy (BEWES) ordinance. Our goal is to aid in building a broad coalition of support and communicating with the public about the importance of this law for Orlando’s businesses and residents. Attached is some background information.
Can we count on you to help us with this effort? The City Council is planning on taking up the ordinance right after Memorial Day (3 weeks, away!)
We need your help in the following ways:
- Meet with one or more of the City Commissioners now through early June (see attached contact information for each Commissioner; we can help set up a meeting if you prefer)
- Write a letter of support to Mayor Dyer before the end of May (see attached sample)
- Sign on to the coalition letter and send us your logo now (see attached PDF)
- Write or sign your name to a Letter to the Editor or an Op-Ed piece before first week of June (we can help you draft)
- Be willing to talk and share your stories of support to reporters if a story breaks (all we need is your name, company, email, and phone that can be called anytime)
- Help recruit other businesses and organizations to support this ordinance
Please consider assisting right away with this important and impactful effort in one or more ways. All you have to do is simply reply to this email with the ways you want to lend your support.
If you have questions, please reach out to Sarah Boren, Director of Policy and Programs, USGBC Florida at email@example.com or 904-535-0055.
On behalf of my volunteer leadership peers with the USGBC Central Florida Region, thank you for your time, consideration and help in making Orlando more prosperous and sustainable.
Kathy Lawson, Board Chair, USGBC Florida Central Region