The purpose of the ASHRAE Technology Awards is threefold:
- To recognize ASHRAE members who design and/or conceive innovative technological concepts that are proven through actual operating data.
- To communicate innovative systems design to other ASHRAE members.
- To highlight technological achievements of ASHRAE to others, including associated professionals and societies worldwide, as well as building and facility owners.
All current members of ASHRAE and its Associate Societies may submit entries. Entrants must have had a significant role in the design or development of the project.
ASHRAE Technology Award applications are accepted in each of the following categories:
- Commercial Buildings (New and Existing)
- Institutional Buildings (New and Existing)
- Educational Facilities
- Other Institutional
- Health Care Facilities (New and Existing)
- Industrial Facilities or Processes (New and Existing)
- Public Assembly Facilities (New and Existing)
- Residential (New and Existing)
Awards are given at the judges’ discretion. All first-place awards in each category are automatically eligible for consideration for the “ASHRAE Award of Engineering Excellence.” Second-place and Honorable Mention may also be awarded. At the discretion of the judging panel at the chapter and regional level, more than one first place winner may be awarded in any category.
ASHRAE honors only buildings and industrial facilities or processes that are outstanding in design innovation. An award in a category is not given if entries do no meet the highest standards. The “ASHRAE Award of Engineering Excellence” is given at the judges’ discretion. The first-place Society Technology Awards and the “ASHRAE Award of Engineering Excellence” are presented during the Plenary Session at ASHRAE’s Winter Meeting.
Please see the Short Form and Sample Entry for reference.
Please send questions and entries to our Chapter CTTC Chair, Dave McGowan, at email@example.com.